Komen Columbus is proud to announce that registration for the 2010 Race for the Cure is officially up and running! It’s been a work in progress to get the ball rolling but after all the hard work and man hours, we are so happy that registration is now available for everyone. Now is the time to grab friends, family members, co-workers and colleagues and register for the 18th annual Race for the Cure on May 15, 2010. Whether you chose to register individually, join a team or create your own team, taking part in the Race for the Cure will help in our fight to end breast cancer and we truly appreciate any support you can offer.
We have made a quick list of registration how-to’s to make registering for the Race as easy and seamless as possible.
- Visit www.komencolumbus.org
- If you registered online last year, a Username and Password was created for you and e-mailed to you. Using that information, click LOG IN in the upper-right hand side of the homepage. If you don’t have a Username and Password, you can create them during the registration process. Proceed to step 3.
- Roll your mouse over the RACE FOR THE CURE tab in the pink tool bar, then arrow down to REGISTER and click.
- There are several different options for registration this year. You may: 1) join a team, 2) form a new team, 3) register as an individual or 4) register as part of Heather and Stefanie’s Team. Click the gray boxes on the right-hand side of your screen or the hyperlinks in the web site copy to select whichever option you’d like.
- If you have already logged in, your name and contact information will be automatically populated based on the info we have on file for you. If you have not registered previously for the Race, you may create your own username and password at this time.
- At the end of the registration process, you may register for another individual or you may complete your registration by entering a credit card number and billing address.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to your PARTICIPANT CENTER. This is where you can manage your registration, set fundraising goals and track your progress. Through your participant center, you are provided with 6 customizable messages to send to your friends and family along with the opportunity to easily import contacts from your personal e-mail account or Outlook Express. You can visit your participant center any time by logging in using the Username and Password you were provided or created during registration.
Also, here on the Komen Columbus Blog, we have created a link for you to click that gets you directly to race registration. Simply click the picture that is in the upper left hand corner of the screen and you are taken directly to our website! Our goal is to have 50,000 participants in this year’s race so please invite as many people as possible to join us on Race day. We look forward to seeing you there!