Even though October may be winding down, there are still ways to get involved in the fight against breast cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And it’s no longer National Breast Cancer Awareness Month – the effort to recognize those currently battling breast cancer, honor those no longer here and raise much needed funds for treatment programs and research, has gone global!
Today is in fact the first-ever Israel Race for the Cure and to commemorate this, the holy city has been covered in pink.
Locally there is a fun event coming up on Saturday that will surely get your heart rate going – it’s a Zumbathon!
If Zumba isn’t really your style, here are a few easier ways to help raise funds.
- “Like” the Columbus Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery page on Facebook and they’ll donate $1 to Komen Columbus for every new fan.
- Buy Yoplait yogurts with the pink lids (only in stores until Oct. 31!), clean the lids and send them in to our office at 855 Grandview Ave., Ste. 250, Columbus, OH 43215. Yoplait is donating 10 cents from every lid to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- Purchase cookies from the “Pink Bow Box Collection” and Cheryl’s&Co. will donate 10 percent of proceeds to Komen Columbus. Shop in-store or on www.cheryls.com.
- Shop at Carroll’s Jewelers in Marion and 5 percent of your purchases will benefit Komen Columbus.
- In the market for a new home? For each condo that goes into contract at any one of Epcon Communities Central Ohio properties, the organization will contribute $1,000 to Komen Columbus.
- Purchase a limited edition “Tackle Breast Cancer” t-shirt from the Buffalo Wild Wings location in Reynoldsburg and all proceeds will benefit Komen Columbus.
- Coldwater Creek will donate $1.84 for each specially-marked individual pink, black onyx and mother-of-pearl bracelet sold and $0.64 for each two-pack of bracelets sold. Happy shopping!
However you chose to get involved, we thank you for your support and wish you a Happy Halloween!