Fundraising with Facebook

We’re getting ready to announce our 2011-2012 community health grantees, the local programs and organizations that provide vital breast health education, screening and treatment services to men and women in Central and Southeastern Ohio. These programs would not be possible without the hundreds of thousands of dollars Komen Columbus receives in Race for the Cure fundraising every year.

There’s no set amount required to fundraise, but just imagine if every one of the 50,000 Race for the Cure participants asked just ten friends for $10 each. That would raise a total of $5 million, 75 percent of which would directly fund those vital programs in our community. (The remaining 25 percent would fund scientific research to find a cure.)

If writing letters and asking friends and family for donations isn’t your thing, maybe fundraising through Facebook would work. Raising money for those local programs is easier than ever now with the Fundraise with Facebook application.

To get started with the application, once you register online for the Race, log into your Participant Center and click on the “Fundraise with Facebook” application.

This takes you through a few very easy steps to add the application to your Facebook account, which publishes a story in your news feed every time you receive a Race for the Cure donation. This often translates into receiving additional donations from Facebook friends and encourages others to get involved.

Feel free to email info@komencolumbus.org if you have any problems downloading the application. And don’t forget to “like” facebook.com/komencolumbus for more Race for the Cure news and fundraising tips!

Advertisements