Breast cancer unfortunately affects us in many different ways. Whether it’s watching a loved one battle the disease, learning about breast cancer from a teacher or helping a friend while his or her mother battles, the effect this disease has on children can be significant.
We invite students to express how they felt or what they learned from watching someone affected by breast cancer through the following ways:
• Writing a letter, journal entry or essay in 500 words or less
• Drawing or painting a picture
• Filming a video or submitting relevant digital photos
The deadline for all Kids for the Cure entries is April 15, 2011. Finalists will be awarded prizes in each age level.
The program has three competition levels:
• Grades K-3
• Grades 4-6
• Grades 7-12
Finalists from each competition level will be selected by a panel of breast cancer volunteers, activists and survivors.
Attn: Becca Thomas
929 Eastwind Drive
Westerville, OH 43081
Official Rules and Regulations
1. The contest is free and open to students in grades K through 12.
2. One prize will be awarded per each level.
3. Late entries will not be eligible for the contest. The winners will be notified via e-mail or phone.
4. Each contestant is limited to one entry. Komen Columbus and affiliated companies and/or sponsors are not responsible for a person’s inability to complete the required entry whether due to equipment malfunction or other difficulties and are not responsible for lost entries. All entries submitted become the property of Komen Columbus.
5. Prize winners will be determined by a panel of breast cancer volunteers, activists and survivors. Odds of winning are determined by the number of entrants.
6. By submitting an entry, contestants agree to be bound by the rules of the contest and agree that the sponsoring companies shall have the right, free of charge, to publish and broadcast by any means the names of the winners.
7. All decisions are final. Komen Columbus reserves the final judgment on all matters pertaining to this contest including the right to change or modify the rules, discontinue or extend the contest without prior notice. Komen Columbus and sponsors have the right to change the prize for any contest without notice.
8. Entrant’s information is not sold or used by sponsors. Entrant’s information becomes property of Komen Columbus.