Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Elephants Help Columbus Warm-Up to 20th Anniversary Komen Columbus Race for the Cure

WHAT: Six Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® presents FULLY CHARGED elephants will show their support for the Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen For the Cure® at a 20-Ton Warm-Up event. The world-famous elephants will race 100 feet and participate in a healthy dose of “carb loading.” They will consume dozens of loaves of bread, approximately 50 lbs. or carrots, boxes of apples and bananas and will top that off with a special treat – watermelons!

The 20-Ton Warm-Up to the Race for the Cure demonstrates Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey’s community support and commitment to the fight against breast cancer. The first 50 people who come to the 20 Ton Warm-Up event with their 2012 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure registration confirmation or runner bib will receive a free circus ticket voucher for any of the shows at the Schottenstein Center from May 10 to 13.

WHEN: Thursday, May 10, 10:30 a.m.

WHERE: Schottenstein Center, Animal Compound, 555 Borror Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43210

OTHER: The Komen Columbus Race for the Cure is the second largest Race for the Cure® in the United States. Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® hopes to encourage additional registration through this event. The 20th edition of the Komen Columbus Race for the Cure is Saturday, May 19.

Komen Columbus has raised more than $21 million since it began in 1993 – 75 percent of that money stays in its 30-county service area and is used to conduct breast cancer education, screening and treatment programs. The other 25 percent goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure to fund national breast cancer research programs.

Ringling Bros.® presents FULLY CHARGED features megawatts of excitement that explode off of the arena floor with breathtaking dare-devilry, superhuman stunts and never-before-seen performances. The electrifying 80-city North American tour of FULLY CHARGED will make a stop in Columbus at the Schottenstein Center for seven great shows from May 10 to 13.

Tickets are $11 to $78 and include admission to the Animal Open House outside the Schottenstein Center an hour and a half before the show and the All Access Pre-show on the arena floor an hour before the show where fans can meet performers and animals and learn circus skills. Tickets are available at the Schottenstein Center, at all Ticketmaster locations, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone, 800-745-3000.

Show dates and times:

  • Thursday, May 10 at 7 p.m.
  • Friday, May 11 at 7 p.m.
  • Saturday, May 12 at 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 7 p.m.
  • Sunday, May 13 at 12:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Advertisements