If you’re a son, father, husband, brother or friend, you probably know someone who has been affected by breast cancer. Unfortunately breast cancer currently affects 1 in 8 women and 1 in 1,000 men in their lifetimes.
The Columbus Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® is proud to introduce the Pink Tie Guys, an exclusive group of KoMEN who will be asked to speak in their communities, leveraging prominent relationships with local influencers and media contacts.
As a Pink Tie Guy, demonstrate your commitment to the Komen mission of saving lives and ending breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.
KoMEN wishing to join the Pink Tie Guys will become visible figures in the Central and Southeastern Ohio community and will be provided a number of opportunities to network with like-minded leaders. Some of the Pink Tie Guy Benefits are as follows:
- Inclusion on our web site with a photo and brief bio
- Listing in one or more blog articles and inclusion throughout our social media outlets
- Occasions for media outreach throughout the year
- Opportunities to form relationships with other executive and community leaders
- Recognition at the 2013 Komen Columbus Race for the Cure and 2012 Pink Tie Ball
A pink tie will be given to each Pink Tie Guy to wear and show your support of finding the cures for breast cancer. We ask that any men interested in joining the Pink Tie Guys complete this brief application and contribute $75. (This donation will cover the cost of a Komen pink tie and support vital breast health education, screening and treatment services in our communities.)
Any questions? Contact our Pink Tie Guys Chair, Mark Rickel, at Mrickel1@columbus.rr.com.