With Mother’s Day fast approaching, we would like to honor a courageous survivor who also happens to be a mom. For the third year, Komen Columbus is kicking off our “Most Courageous Survivor Mom Contest” for anyone who has survived or is currently battling breast cancer. Do you know a special woman who fits this bill? Has she been an inspiration to you and deserves a little pampering?
Submit a nomination for the “Most Courageous Mom Survivor” award. Komen Columbus – along with Aveda, Easton Town Center and Stanley Steemer– want to honor this amazing woman! Here’s what one lucky lady will win:
1. A glamorous Aveda Nūrtūr the Salon Makeover which includes:
• Brow Shaping
• 30 Minute Facial: Estheticians will do an in-depth skin analysis and consultation to customize a facial experience for your specific needs.
• Haircut: Every hair cut at Nūrtūr the Salon comes with a complimentary neck and shoulder massage and your choice of a hand and arm message or a mini facial. Enjoy a cup of tea, organic coffee or water.
• Color: At Nūrtūr the Salon, we use Aveda color, which is 95%-99% naturally derived. Every color service includes a shampoo and simple style and your choice of a hand and arm massage or a mini facial.
• Makeup Application: Discover the results of an Aveda updo and makeup application by a Nūrtūr the Salon professional. Our experience ranges from bridal hair and makeup to magazine photos shoots to New York Fashion Week!
2. A $75 Easton Town Center gift card
3. A $250 gift certificate from Stanley Steemer towards a whole home cleaning.
A fantastic prize pack for an amazing survivor mom who deserves to be treated like a queen for a day! Nominate that special woman and let us know why she’s YOUR inspiration. Nominating is a simple process:
Step 1: Go to Susan G. Komen Columbus Facebook page and “like” us.
Step 2: Email a 300 word (or less) essay describing why this breast cancer survivor mom is THE most courageous mom and in need of a pampering package. Send emails to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line write, Courageous Survivor Mom Entry. Please also attach one or two pictures of your nominee.
- Briefly share with us a little about your nominee – how long she has been a survivor, how many children she has, how long she has been battling breast cancer or any other relevant information about why she should win this award.
- Include name and contact information of the mom you are nominating and your own contact info (as the nominator).
We want to hear from you! Deadline for entering nominations is Monday, May 6th. The winner will be announced before Mother’s Day.
The fine print:
- Past winners are not eligible to be nominated for this contest.
- Past nominees can be nominated again.
- Komen Columbus Board members and staff are not eligible to win prizes.
- Each winner is solely responsible for paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prizes(s).
- Winners must make arrangements to pick up their prize(s) from the Komen Columbus office within 7 business days from the official announcement.
- Affiliate sets all contest rules and is solely responsible for interpretation and application of the rules.
- Winners may have to participate in media interviews (including, TV, Radio, Print and Social Media) and agree to have their pictures &/or video taken.