We live in a giving community. That spirit was proudly displayed on Saturday, May 18th when nearly 40,000 people decided to stand side-by-side with Komen Columbus to raise necessary funds that will support vital breast health services in Central and Southeastern Ohio and global scientific research to find the cures for breast cancer.
A special thanks to the corporate community for coming together and raising more than $475,000 in sponsorship for the 2013 Race for the Cure. In addition, another $320,000 of in-kind contributions (food, water, etc.) was donated by local businesses to help us off-set the costs associated with the Race. We are fortunate to live and work in a community where businesses give back. Please support those that support us!
Lastly, a HUGE thanks to all our volunteers who gave their time to plan and prepare an amazing Race for all. We could not host the second largest Race for the Cure event in the country without the help and dedication of all our volunteers.
Please check out our Facebook page and Flickr account to see all the beautiful moments captured on that day. We invite you to share your Race day pictures with us; you can upload them to our Facebook page or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our Winners!
A big round of applause to this year’s winners both teams and individuals. Our corporate team winners were divided into four divisions based on number of employees. The winners are:
• Division 1 (Companies with 10 to 100 employees): Bankers for the Cure with 49 team members.
• Division 2 (Companies with 101-250 employees): Lifestyle Communities with 108 team members.
• Division 3 (Companies with 251-500 employees): Keihn Thermal Technology of America, Inc., with 21 team members.
• Division 4 (Companies with 500+ employees): Limited Brands with 8,453 team members. *The LARGEST corporate team in the WORLD*
We also want to recognize the winner of the civic team challenge.
• With 929 participants, Team Perez.
• In the High School Division category: Hamilton Township High School with 600 participants strong. The Hamilton Rangers have won this category for the past 7 years!
• Law firm category: Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease had the most team members at 237.
• Congratulations to Bricker and Eckler for raising the most money with $2,917.
Lastly, congratulations to Team Beauty All Over for winning the team t-shirt contest!
In order to make next year’s Race for the Cure even more successful, we ask that you please complete our brief survey. We want to know what YOU thought about this year’s Race, survivor ceremony, registration process and much, much more!
Remember, you are able to fundraise until June 30th!
You can help Close the Gap! We want to finish this Race season STRONG because the women and men in Central and Southeastern Ohio are counting on us. Your support will transform lives in our community.
As an incentive, anyone who raises $5 or more by June 30 will be entered to win a $20 gift card to fuel up with Giant Eagle groceries or gas.
Go the Extra Mile by raising $150 or more by June 30 and you’ll be entered to win a $50 gift card to Easton Town Center. The real goal is to make sure those who need our help, get it. Without the dollars raised, that is not possible.
You can make an online donation by clicking here, or you can mail in your donations to our office (929 Eastwind Dr. Suite 211, Westerville, OH 43081).
Again, THANK YOU so much for your support of Komen Columbus and the 2013 Race for the Cure!
Komen Columbus Staff
Katie, Beth, Becca, Cindy, Brooke, Natalie, Julie & Nicolle