“She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts, but because she continued on despite them.”
The fight against breast cancer is not an easy one, and being a mother while on the road to recovery can make it that much more difficult.
To honor the inspirational moms who manage to do it all, Susan G. Komen Columbus and NBC4 have teamed up to kick-off the Fifth Annual Most Courageous Survivor Mom contest. We would like to honor one survivor mom who is currently battling or has recently completed treatment for breast cancer with a day of pampering! We will announce with winner week before Mother’s Day.
“This is about celebrating all of the brave mothers in Central Ohio who have faced breast cancer,” said NBC4 News Anchor Ellie Merritt, “Everyone diagnosed with this disease faces challenges, but we want to take the time before Mother’s Day to honor the moms who do so much for their families while trying to tackle breast cancer. A mother’s love, strength and spirit is something worth celebrating.”
Nominations will be taken from Monday, April 6 through Wednesday, April 22. The winner will be announced the week of May 4.
To nominate a special mom, you can submit a 300 word essay to email@example.com with the subject line, “Courageous Survivor Mom Entry”. In the essay please share a little information about your nominee – how long has she been a survivor, how many children she has, how long she has been battling breast cancer or any other information about why she should be awarded Most Courageous Survivor Mom. Please include the name and contact information of the mom you are nominating along with your own contact information. Lastly, please attach one or two pictures of the inspirational women you are nominating!
The winner will receive the following prizes:
- $250 Charles Penzone gift basket
- One night stay at the Westin Hotel (night before the Race)
- $50 Panera gift card
- Flowers and balloons from Giant Eagle
- Past winners are not eligible to be nominated for this contest.
- Past nominees can be nominated again.
- Susan G. Komen Columbus Board members, staff and NBC4 employees are not eligible.
- Each winner is solely responsible for paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s).
- Winners must make arrangements to pick up their prize(s) from the Komen Columbus office within 7 business days from the official announcement.
- Affiliate sets all contest rules and is solely responsible for interpretation and application of the rules.
- Winners may have the opportunity participate in media interviews (including, TV, Radio, Print and Social Media) and agree to have their pictures &/or video taken and shared on our social media channels.